28 Day Fast

For the next 28 days, our church is going on a lifestyle fast to pursue God. Let's see where He takes us!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Day 17 - Hebrews 12:1-3

For some reason I was up extra early this morning. Although it sounds crazy, when I realized it was 5:30am instead of 6:00am, I got excited thinking God must have something amazing for me this morning. Then I brought my coffee into the office to open my Bible, and I saw all the papers and pens and calculations and numbers from last night where my husband and I were going over our finances---all feelings of joy left me.

We are trying to make some semi-major decisions, some in the area of finances and some in other areas, so with my extra time this morning I reestablished, in my mind, how great God is through prayer.

After some intimate prayer time, I’m not any closer to a decision on these future matters, but I am closer to the One who holds my future. I like to pray in reverence with anticipation—on my knees (in reverence) and with the Bible open in front of me (in anticipation of what God has for me.)

It is amazing what happens to our perspective when we take the advice of the Hebrew writer and, fix our eyes on Jesus.
1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home